Last November we made a film to celebrate Tree Charter Day.
A day for the whole of UK society to unite in celebrating the value and importance of trees and woods to people. It also marks the start of National Tree Week each year.
Communities, schools, organisations and individuals mark Tree Charter Day each year with activities and events that celebrate and reinvigorate the relationship between people and trees.
These helped to define the 10 Principles of the Tree Charter, ensuring that it stands for every tree and every person in the UK:
- Sustain landscapes rich in wildlife
- Plant for the future
- Celebrate the power of trees to inspire
- Grow forests of opportunity and innovation
- Protect irreplaceable trees and woods
- Plan greener local landscapes
- Recover health, hope and wellbeing with the help of trees
- Make trees accessible to all
- Combat the threats to our habitats
- Strengthen our landscapes with trees